Most inventions and innovations are created by those interested in contribution not money. investors and manufacturers receive the profits from their work. Doctors who want to find a cure in order to health people may be paid well, it is the pharmaceuticals companies that are motivated by money. Money may inspire car salespeople, but even the best sales person is motivated by the product or service they offer.
The only real value of money is that it has created an entire network of humanity. But as long as there is money in some form or fashion profit/debt is what determines everything.
What if that part could change so that there is a network based on products and services not determined on whether they make a profit or not, but based upon the presence of overall need and desired application. This is actually what most businesses are already based upon; profit is the part that uses poorer quality materials, workmanship, and designs. Profit does not determine what is needed. It determines who gets it and can overrides any need no matter its importance or how dire the situation.
In our mind this network is sustained by money, yet money is just the problematic imaginary enabler of this network. Profit will never put humanity or this planet first. Profit is what the root of all pollution, poverty, and abuse of this planet and the life within it. Profit is even the reason we are a race of consumers. We think more is better than a comfortable amount of what is enough. Just as with our bodies that can use only a certain amount of biological fuel we want more than that because we do not think as biological beings but as consumers of sweets and flavors. Certainly we should enjoy our food, but enjoyment is not the real design of food. Food is fuel, not the recreation profit has turned it into.
So what could motivate us in a sustainable network. All motivation is a matter of mind and thought. In fact one thought could change the world forever. Or rather the realization that the network is what sustains itself. Money actually is foreign to the processes within that network and only obstruct performance and limitation of concepts and applications. The network could work so much better and with less oppression than being slaves to concepts of profit.
- 3 to 4 days of "work"
- all houses, buildings, machines, and structures maintained by need and schedule
- high quality production
- self determined manner of lifestyle, structure, (non-abusive?) recreation, and comforts
- unlimited creativity and problem solving
- bilateral cooperation and communication, also research and development
- any products and services available to anyone
- probable end of hunger, poverty, wars, and most "crime"
- drugs are legal but users carefully watched for overdose episodes, clinic offered to addicts if desired
- cost no longer refer to profit but loss of life, abuse of environment, and human and animal suffering caused by profit or the limitations placed by profit.